Monday, December 23, 2013

November 18, 2013‏

Dear Family and Friends :)

HAPPY Birthday Father and Mother :)

Cultural Note:
This week was the elections to choose the two candidates for the presidential election of Chile.  For some reason everyone thought it was illegal to have church on the same day as elections.  The branch President was almost thinking about canceling sacrament meeting.  I don`t know if that was a law beforehand, but there were definitely less members in church on Sunday.

We haven't heard anything yet on creating facebook pages. but in January we are going to start using some mormon.org publicity.

Well the battery in my camera is uncharged and I can`t find the charger so I don`t have any pictures.  We will see what we can do with the camera of Elder Tinney next week.

I can`t believe that the year is ending, time goes by so fast.  In the mission you have so many experiences and I want to write them all but you just don`t have time. I had two contrasting experiences this week:

1. Helping a father leave behind drugs so he can be an example for his children and save his family in the kingdom of God.

2. In our search for priesthood members we found an old drunk man with a rotting wound in his leg who just wants to sing and play guitar.

As a missionary I`ve felt the hope and love that God has for his prodigal children in the paths of sin but are trying to come home and I`ve felt the sorrow that he has when his children don`t want to change and receive his blessings.

All is well,
Elder Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment