Wednesday, April 3, 2013

April 1, 2013

April 1, 2013
Dear Family and Friends :)

Cultural Notes:
For Easter here they don´t just celebrate Easter and the resurrection, they take Friday, Saturday and Sunday off work (almost everyone). They don´t eat meat on Friday (Catholics at least) and then they have the Easter bunny and everything on Sunday. But the part that I´ve seen of their culture that's different is that the kids make large dolls (the most realistic as possible) and then they ask for coins for the doll. I didn´t understand this at all until there was a group of kids stopping cars at an intersection and chanting, "Give me a coin for Judas." So apparently they make representations of Judas Iscariot. Then they put the coins they get in a coin purse and tie the coins to the doll and then burn it.
The people in Chile show how much they care with food :P I was talking about this with some members and they said that that's something cultural in Chile, but it's more prominent in the south of Chile. I´m starting to get fat hahaha :P I guess I´m loved haha
April Fools day doesn´t exist :P There is some other day though where they do the same thing though.
This week I met one of Steve Rockwoods old employees :P What a small world hahaha. He is a member in the Ward that I´m in.

I need to do better at writing in my journal everyday, but every missionary that I talk to has the same goal but never has time for it hahaha. And no, I haven´t gotten your packages yet but they will arrive sooner or later.

Whooo! Good job on taking the missionary opportunity! :) Kinda Ironic that it all started with a comment on Easter and they were Jewish hahaha.

I haven´t heard anything about the changing of the e-mail guidelines.

This week during a ward activity we talked about this Mormon message and I love what it says. It's given me a different perspective on who God is and how close he really is to us http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=2119328537001
I love how it talks about how children trust 100% without doubt in their father and they just act because they trust. I remember when I "saw so little of how it all became to be" (temporally). If only we could trust so compleatly in our Father in Heaven! But why can´t we? God is perfect. If we do our part, He will do His.

All is well :)
Elder Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment