Monday, February 18, 2013

February 18, 2013

 
Dear Friends and Family :)

We are still looking for an apartment; but the Zone Leaders moved out, so we are living solo for now in a house too big for just two missionaries :P

I´m forgetting English! :/ My companion is trying to learn English, so we are praying in English in the apartment. I haven´t prayed in English out loud or personal in 8 months, so randomly I'll slip back into Spanish without realizing it. haha

This week I had one of the saddest moments of my mission so far. We had this invesigator who was progressing. She was reading the Book of Mormon, praying, and even attending chruch. Everything was going well! This week we showed up at her house and she said she just decided to not keep meeting with us and go back to her old church. She was reading the Bible and when she opened it up a picture of her old church fell out and she took it as a sign that God wanted her in that church. I literally wanted to cry. I felt a love and a sorrow for her. I know she is missing out on blessings in this life and maybe in the next with her decision. I felt sorrow because I felt the love of God for her and He wants her to receive His blessing through His covenants. Everyone has their free agency for a reason and we have to respect that.

All is well,
Elder Hall
PS. Will you send me the Jantz's address, so I can send a handwritten Thank You to their house.

No comments:

Post a Comment