Saturday, August 24, 2013

August 24, 2013

August 24, 2013

Dear Family and Friends :)

Cultural Notes:
The winter here is really mild, its not even come close to freezing.  Some days in the day you would be just fine walking around in a short sleeve shirt, but in the night you need at least a windbreaker becasue the wind makes it a little chilly.
I found out why most buildings in Chile don´t have carpet -- Fleas.
In viña there are a lot of advertisements and I´ve realized that 90% of the advertisements are all white people, 9.9% latins and .1% black people; but here 90% of the people look like latins and the other 9.9% look like they could be from the United States or Europe.

Sounds like you're all having fun!  Lots of adventures!  Pikes Peak isn´t worth it - you don´t even get to hike.  When I went with Justin and Mitchel, we drove all the way to the top and all there is is a gift shop.  haha at least that's what I remember.

I´ll see the new temple movie in a year :P

Training in the office is really easy.  Before the mission Elder Jarpa studied accounting so I just have to train him on the procedures and the program specific details - not the why or the end of it all.  But this week while I was explaining something I realized that in General Confrence when the auditor stands up in General Conference and announces how the finances are for the church I´m part of that report hehe :)  I feel much less stressed knowing that now I don´t have the full responsibility of the finances - haha.  And with the two financieros we can get everything done faster.
Hahahaha - we watched that video ("Death Crawl" from the movie, "Facing the Giants") for the last zone conferences.  It was motivating but then an Elder killed the spirit sadly :(

This week I´ve had some really good personal studies because I´ve really been open to the teachings of the spirit.  And a lot of the time the things I learn are things that I´ve had explained to me beforehand by my parents or teachers.  Nothing can replace the confirmation that the spirit gives of the truth - no logic, no fancy words, no technology.  Obviously those things can and do help in persuading the people to believe in Christ and His doctrine, but the real accomplishment is when someone can say, "I know by the power of the Holy Ghost that the Book of Mormon is true."

I know by the power of the Holy Ghost that Jesus Christ is my Savior.  I know by the power of the Holy Ghost that God is our Father and He loves us.  I know by the power of the Holy Ghost that The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints is the only true church of God with a living profet (prophet).

All is well  (2 Nephi 28:25 - Wo be unto him that crieth:  All is well!)
Elder Hall


I don´t know if the e-mail will support it but I´m going to try and send a video of the Minute To Win It activity we did. (Sorry! wouldn't open on my computer)

The trio for the last two weeks


My new companion:  Elder Jarpa

No comments:

Post a Comment