Monday, December 31, 2012

December 31, 2012



Dear Friends and Family :)

Don´t have much time this week, so I´m gonna skip the cultural notes and get right to the good stuff :)

This week I was talking with the ward mission leader of the ward that I´m in. My companion says he is the best ward mission leader that he has had in his mission. He is a recent convert of 3 years and is always serving, not only us, but the members as well. Because we can´t enter the house of women when they are alone, we are always asking him to accompany us to the visits during the day becasue he is retired and almost all the other members of the ward work during the day. For the past 4 months I haven´t heard him complain once. He is always the first to say yes to an assignment and he follows through. But this day he said, "Isn´t there anyone else that can serve!?!" "Do they ever ask anyone else but me for help?" Immediatly three scriptures and a principle came to my mind: Alma 37:34, Mathew 25:40, Mosiah 2:17, and the attonement.

Alma 37: 34 - Teach them to never be weary of good works, but to be meek and lowly in heart; for such shall find rest to their souls.
Matthew 25: 40 - And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Mosiah 2: 17 - And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.


Was there anyone else that could do what was asked of Jesus Christ? Did he ever get tired of healing the sick and serving others. I don´t think so because he follows the first two and greatest commandments. He knows that as we serve, we not only are serving our neighbors but serving God as well. We aspire to not only believe in Christ, but to follow him follow and his example. Christ perhaps felt the same when he asked if it was possible for this cup to pass from him; but next he said not my will but thine be done. The next time that Satan tempts you to feel justified to not serve, or that you have done enough, or that there is nobody else serving; think of Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane and what he did for you, why he did it, and what are you going to do now :)

What are your goals for the next year? Where does God fall in your priorities?

All is well :)
Elder Hall

PS. The computer that I´m at doesn´t read through the USB so I can´t send pictures this week either   :( But I´ll send the photo of Patricia´s baptisim, the picture of the family that we spent Christmas with and the Christmas Carol pic next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment