Monday, June 2, 2014

June 2, 2014

June 2, 2014

Dear Friends and Family,

Cultural Note:

Instead of I-pods here they use cubes, which is just an mp3 player but with a speaker all in one that fits in the palm of your hand. This week I saw a man walking around with a big one that was in the shape of a mini-boombox and it made me laugh seeing that fad come back again but modernized.

The power of prayer is real, and when it is accompanied by fasting it is even more powerful. This whole month has been a testimony of these two principles of the gospel.
This week is transfers and most likely I am going to be changed to another sector to spend out my "old age" as mother put it :P There were a lot of people who complained when Elder Powner left after 6 months and didn´t say goodbye to anyone so I said goodbye... (maybe) to the whole ward. When I went up to bear my testimony I looked out over the congregation and saw a lot of sons and daughters of God that I had come to love working in their service. I saw recent converts that I had helped find the gospel, Less actives that I had helped return, Laeders of organizations that we had supported, and lots of members that I had formed friendships with. All I could do was bear my testimony of the joy that you can feel in the service of God and others. I can really say I came to love this ward. It would be great if I stayed to "die" but I will go where the Lord wants me to go.



 

All is well :)

Elder Hall

PS. Housing sounds great! I love you! I love the power of prayer :) I prayed for that to happen too :)

[After spending a frustrating week looking for housing for Mark, I prayed for help Thursday night. Friday morning Jeffery Wilkens from University Park Apt. called and said he had someone cancel his contract that morning. It was in apt #5 instead of Scott's apt #9. I asked if there was a way Mark could be with Scott. He said he would ask the guy in #9 if he would move to #5 in the fall, but he said he wouldn't hold his breath if he was me. He called a few hours later and said we must be living right. The guy said he would move to apt 5 so Mark can be with Scott in apt 9.]

© 2014 Microsoft Terms Privacy & cookies Developers English (United States)




No comments:

Post a Comment