Tuesday, July 15, 2014

July 7, 2014

July 7, 2014

Dear Friends and Family :)
This will be the last weakly Letter of my Mission here in Viña del Mar because next week on Monday I will be visiting all of my converts and the friends I have made over these past two years. :)



This week we were teaching an investigator and he asked, "What makes you believe that God exists? What act in your life makes you believe that?"

When he asked me that question I thought of many experiences, that I could relate to show or "prove" that I know that God exists. I thought of experiences from the primary, young men, EFY, at the university, and on my mission. I related a few of them and my companion a few others. The investigator then tried to explain away our experiences which reminded me of the people at the end of the Book of Mormon who were shown great signs and they explained them away. This experience showed me the importance of faith, the ability to acknowledge the hand of God in our lives, and to be sensitive to the spirit to know when God is answering our prayers. We ended the lesson committing him to experiment for himself because that's the only way he will ever know if he doesn't have the gift to believe in our words or our experiences.

I´m glad that I know that this is the true church. I know that God exists, that he loves us, and that he hears and answers our prayers. I know that Jesus Christ is the son of God, He is my Savior and Redeemer. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, as is the Bible. I Know that Joseph Smith is a Prophet of God. I know that as we serve our neighbors we receive joy.

See you next week! :)

Love you all :)

All is well :)

Elder Hall

 

PS. Is that the tent that I burned a hole in? :P

Blake is Ginormus!!! Did you invite them to the airport on Wednesday?!?

hahaha, this is the last weekly email of my mission :P Next week I´m going to be visiting my converts all over Villa Alemana and won´t have time to write... sorry

As far as things to get ready for when I get back... I really can´t think of anything because I´m completely out of that mindset. I´m just going to have to deal with the things as they come. Am I going to have a cell or is Ken still using my old number?

I´m not going to read the Book of Mormon in English, I´m going to read it one more time in Spanish; but in 3 months not before I go to BYU.















No comments:

Post a Comment