Friday, February 7, 2014

January 6, 2014

January 6, 2014 - 9:17 AM

Dear Family and Friends :)

Cultural Notes:

     So for New Years at 12:00 everyone gives each other hugs to everyone else.  The more people you hug, the more luck you're going to have.  Chileans also have many different traditions for "good luck" for the year.  If you go around the block at 12:00 with a suitcase you will go on a trip this year.  If you drink Champagne with a ring in it you will get married this year.  If you wear yellow underwear you will be lucky during the year, silly things like that.

      Also Viña says that they have the biggest fireworks show in the world defining biggest as the most people at one time can see it because they have 22 pontoons in the water over various kilometers of coast that are all coordinated together.  Plus I could see them from my apartment in Belloto (40 minutes drive inland).

    This week there were two small earthquakes, I realized that there are different types of earthquakes: one was a wave that came and hit and then left, and the other was like everything was moving together all at the same time.

Emergency... got to le


12:45 PM -

Sorry had to go to do some errands and had to go to Viña to the mission office but everything is all good :)

I`ve been learning a lot about pride this transfer.  Beforehand in some part I`ve used my pride as motivation to do things; but now I have to look to a better source for my motivation not just to gratify my pride.

All is well,
Elder Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment