Monday, November 26, 2012

November 26, 2012

Dear Friends and Family :)

Cultural Notes:
Thanksgiving doesn´t exist in Chile, which was weird, but the decorations of turkeys and fall colors do :P I found that kinda weird, just like Halloween. American culture is invading here in Chile. I really missed pie this week. This week I was invited to spend Christmas with a family, but I don't know what the rules are with that. With what I can gather, the "old Easter man" comes and leaves presents the 24th. And then all day the 24th the family is together and everyone says up till 2 or 3 in the morning, and then opens the presents - a little different than here [America].

This week was very interesting in the disappointing kind of way :P But this week I also had a really interesting experience. After a few days of difficulty in the work with investigators flaking and other disappointing things, plus physically tiring service for the members, I went to bed pretty much a zombie. I woke up the next morning and my arms and legs were sore, my back hurt, and my throat was extremely dry. In my mind, I had all the reason to complain; but I realized that I was happy for no apparent reason :) It was a testimony to me that our Heavenly Father really knows each and every one of us and that he will never forsake us. If we serve him and are obedient, he will support us through our trials no matter how small or large they are. It also made me realize how important an attitude of gratitude is :)
Don't know if you know about our Vina Del Mar Mission Blog: http://misionvinadelmar.blogspot.com/

Anyway, don´t have much time this week, love yall
All is Well :)
Elder Mark M. Hall
Chile Vina Del Mar Mission
Casilla 631
Vina Del Mar
Valparaiso, CHILE

No comments:

Post a Comment