Monday, March 18, 2013

March 18, 2013

 
Dear Friends and Family :)

No, we still don´t have a mamita. I don´t know how that's all going to work out :P

The ward missionaries are actually assigned different families that the bishop wants them to go visit to ask for references, so we don´t have to. And on top of that, they are teaching the recent converts and a few less actives.

This week I´ve been taught a huge lesson in gratitude. There are a lot of drunks in the sector that I´m in. A LOT of them come up to talk to us :P Usually it's a short conversation and then they ask for "un moneda" or "cien pesitos" - a coin or 100 little pesos. The other day we were in the street the whole day! We didn´t get into a single house. At the end of the day, we were walking back to the aparment and a drunk started talking to us. He said a lot of interesting things like, "I´m a child of God" and "I have nothing but the love of God." So he gave us directions to his house and we set up an apointment. He never asked us for any money (which is why I set up the appointment). We arrived at the house, which was burned and run down, but he was there waiting for us. Anyway, long story short, he has a mattress, a razor, a picture of Jesus and a kinfe and a bowl. He said he would stop drinking and poured out the bottle of bear on the ground right there. He was good for about 4 days, but then relapsed. We are working with him. Teaching him has been very interesting because I´ve really been able to feel the love God has for all of his children, even if they are drunk and homeless. I don´t know what is going to happen with Ivan. If we are going to be able to keep teaching him or not. But I do know that God lives and he loves every one of his children. That's why He sent his Son.

All is Well
Elder Hall
PS. Rachelle - hahah aquabats car :P
PSS. Ryan - I found it interesting how well Ryan's email fit into my discussion with Father :) I have many things to meditate on this week
Pictures: (See additional Emails!)
Elder Peterson and I today eating Navajo Tacos after volleyball zone activity!! good day
The new Zone I´m in, zone activity palying volleyball
This is the Plaza that we live next to! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment