Monday, February 4, 2013

February 4, 2013





 
Dear Friends and Family :)

Cultural Note:
BIG spiders!! They are completely harmless though (or that's at least what all the members told me). [See attached picture]

This week my companion and I have talked alot about testimony vs. conversion. The discussion started by the talk given by Elder Bednar in General Conference "Converted to Christ." I love how simply he puts the whole talk: "knowing the gospel is true is the essence of testimony. Consistantly being true to the gospel is the essence of conversion." Sadly that phrase isn´t so poetically powerfull in Spanish :P
For the socks, they need to be black dress socks, but like the kind from the missionary mall. If they're thin, I don´t want them. If they aren´t cotton, I don´t want them :P We do too much walking for normal dress socks. Father should be able to pick out good walking dress socks.
As far as garments, I know they are M both top and bottom (32-34).
No :( Elder Peterson is going home tomorrow. Elder Lopez is going to be my new companion. This week has been one of the most difficult of my mission so far. I tried to love Elder Peterson. When he was finally set on going home, I tried to talk everything out with him, so he is ready to go home and will stay active in the church no matter if people judge him.

Short letter so I can send pictures.
All is well,
Elder Hall


No comments:

Post a Comment